AjaxPickering.ca Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of AjaxPickering.ca's Website.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use AjaxPickering.ca's website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "Client", "You" and "Your" refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company's terms and conditions. "The Company", "Ourselves", "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to our Company. "Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client's needs in respect of provision of the Company's stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Canada. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, AjaxPickering.ca and/or it's licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on AjaxPickering.ca. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from https://AjaxPickering.ca for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from https://AjaxPickering.ca
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://AjaxPickering.ca
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://AjaxPickering.ca
Redistribute content from AjaxPickering.ca (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data ('Comments') in areas of the website. AjaxPickering.ca does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions ofAjaxPickering.ca, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws AjaxPickering.cashall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- AjaxPickering.careserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to AjaxPickering.ca a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
- The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of AjaxPickering.ca and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to AjaxPickering.ca. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party's site.
No use of AjaxPickering.ca's logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Advertising With Us
We endeavour to make advertising with AjaxPickering.ca, through iGuides Canada, an easy process. We keep our advertising rules straight-forward and transparent.
Advertising Terms and Conditions
- All orders require a subscription for payment. This is done through Paypal. After your first year you will be billed annually, at the locked in price you paid the previous year, until you cancel. We do not raise your annual fees.
- Payments need to be received before publication going live. No Exceptions.
- Accounts and account credits are non-transferrable.
- Cancellations are allowed anytime after your initial period. Cancellations MUST be requested in writing prior to the next billing cycle. There are no refunds.
- Advertisers agree to honour their deal until the published expiry date. Failing to honour published deals are subjected to an advertising ban.
- Artwork created by iGuides Canada may not be used in any other publication not associated with iGuides Canada. Creative rights are held by iGuides Canada.
- Although we endeavour to NOT have multiple competing advertisers, category exclusivity cannot be expected, nor implied. We cannot offer exclusivity in any category.
- With any advertising program, we do not and cannot guarantee any degree of success. However, we do guarantee that your advertisement will be published exactly to the specifications of your authorized proof and will be live and searchable on AjaxPickering.ca until such time you decided to take it down, or it expires or runs out of paid views.
- Banner ads are marketed and sold by a "per impression" increment. An impression is when your advertisement is displayed on screen and is visible to the enduser. Banner ads are sold in different size configurations (not limited to - 300px X 250px, 728px X 90px, 300px X 600px) and are sold and priced in 1,000 (one thousand)impression denominations. This is also known as, Cost Per Mille[thousand] (CPM) .
- Banner artwork is not included in the advertising price. Artwork is billed separately at $85/hour.
- We do not permit third-party advertising. Advertisers are only permitted to advertise people, places, events, and businesses in which they are connected to and are authorized to enter into agreements.
- We do not permit negative advertising campaigns. Campaigns with the objective of negatively portraiting a business, restaurant, event, person, or organisation is strictly prohibited.
- Any advertising purchased is non-refundable after it goes live.Should you have concerns with your advertisement and/or its performance, please connect with your Account Manager or call us at 905-231-0408 to speak with an Advertising Specialist.
- iGuides Canada is not responsible for typos, spelling or grammatical errors in copy not written by iGuides Canada. Also, advertising copy submitted to iGuides Canada is not edited for accuracy or truthfulness. iGuides Canada is not responsible for any loss, financial or other, that may result from content submitted. Further, iGuides Canada is not responsible for losses of any nature caused by advertising approved by advertisers during the creative phase by way of a proof.
- Advertising is a serious business. Any activity should be thoughtfully considered before making any advertising collateral live to the public. Advertisers are advised against deep discounting their product or service, for the sake of quick business.It is not sustainable.
- Community Standards
Adverts must not violate our Community Standards.
- Illegal products or services
Adverts must not constitute, facilitate or promote illegal products, services or activities. Adverts targeted to minors must not promote products, services or content that are inappropriate, illegal or unsafe, or that exploit, mislead or exert undue pressure on the age groups targeted.
- Discriminatory practices
Ads must not discriminate or encourage discrimination against people based on personal attributes such as race, ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition.
- Tobacco products
Adverts must not promote the sale or use of tobacco products and related paraphernalia.
- Drugs and drug-related products
Ads must not promote the sale or use of illegal, prescription or recreational drugs.
- Unsafe supplements
Adverts must not promote the sale or use of unsafe supplements, as determined by iGuides Canada at its sole discretion.
- Weapons, ammunition or explosives
Ads must not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition or explosives. This includes ads for weapon modification accessories.
- Adult products or services
Adverts must not promote the sale or use of adult products or services, unless they promote family planning and contraception. Adverts for contraceptives must focus on the contraceptive features of the product and not on sexual pleasure or sexual enhancement, and must be targeted to people aged 18 years or older.
- Adult content
Ads must not contain adult content. This includes nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative. Ads that assert or imply the ability to meet someone, connect with them or view content created by them must not be positioned in a sexual way or with an intent to sexualise the person featured in the ad.
- Third-party infringement
Ads must not contain content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights.
- Sensational content
Adverts must not contain shocking, sensational, disrespectful or excessively violent content.
- Personal attributes
Adverts must not contain content that asserts or implies personal attributes. This includes direct or indirect assertions or implications about a person's race, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs, age, sexual orientation or practices, gender identity, disability, medical condition (including physical or mental health), financial status, membership in a trade union, criminal record or name.
iGuides Canada prohibits ads that include claims debunked by third-party fact-checkers or, in certain circumstances, claims debunked by organisations with particular expertise. Advertisers that repeatedly post information deemed to be false may have restrictions placed on their ability to advertise on iGuides Canada or any owned property.
- Controversial content
Adverts must not contain content that exploits controversial political or social issues for commercial purposes.
- Non-functional landing page
Adverts must not direct people to non-functional landing pages. This includes landing page content that interferes with a person's ability to navigate away from the page.
- Surveillance equipment
Adverts may not promote the sale of spy cams, mobile phone trackers or other hidden surveillance equipment.
- Grammar and profanity
Ads must not contain profanity or bad grammar and punctuation. Symbols, numbers and letters must be used properly, without the intention of circumventing our ad review process or other enforcement systems.
- Non-existent functionality
Ads must not contain images that portray non-existent functionality. This includes imagery that replicates play buttons, notifications or checkboxes, as well as ads containing features that do not work, such as multiple-choice options in the ad creative itself.
- Personal health
Ads must not contain "before-and-after" images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results. Ad content must not imply or attempt to generate negative self-perception in order to promote diet, weight loss or other health-related products.
- Payday loans, payslip advances and bail bonds
Ads may not promote payday loans, payslip advances, bail bonds or any short-term loans intended to cover someone's expenses until their next payday. Short-term loan refers to a loan of 90 days or less.
- Multi-level marketing
Adverts promoting income opportunities must fully describe the associated product or business model, and must not promote business models offering quick compensation for little investment, including multi-level marketing opportunities.
- Penny auctions
Ads may not promote penny auctions, bidding fee auctions or other similar business models.
- . Counterfeit documents
Adverts may not promote fake documents, such as counterfeit degrees, passports or immigration papers.
- Low-quality or disruptive content
Ads must not contain content leading to external landing pages that provide an unexpected or disruptive experience. This includes misleading ad positioning, such as overly sensationalised headlines or prompts for users to inauthentically interact with the ad, and leading people to landing pages that contain minimal original content and a majority of unrelated or low-quality ad content.
- Spyware or malware
Adverts must not contain spyware, malware or any software that results in an unexpected or deceptive experience. This includes links to sites containing these products.
- Automatic animation
Ads must not contain audio or flash animation that plays automatically without a person interacting with it or expands within iGuides Canada after someone clicks on the advert.
- Unauthorised streaming devices
Adverts must not promote products or items that facilitate or encourage unauthorised access to digital media.
- Circumventing systems
Ads must not use tactics that are intended to circumvent our ad review process or other enforcement systems. This includes techniques that attempt to disguise the ad's content or destination page.
- Prohibited Financial Products and Services
Ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.
- Sale of body parts
Ads must not promote the sale of human body parts or fluids.
- Misleading Claims
Ads must not contain deceptive, false, or misleading claims like those relating to the effectiveness or characteristics of a product or service or claims setting unrealistic expectations for users such as misleading health, employment or weight-loss claims.
- Unacceptable Business Practices
Ads must not promote products, services, schemes or offers using deceptive or misleading practices, including those meant to scam people out of money or personal information.