Candidate - DDSB Trustee (Public)
Virtual Campaign Office
View Literature (pdf)
- First time candidate, so I come with no baggage!
- Lived in Ajax since 1990
- Volunteer in various community organizations focused on developing children including:
- 10 years with local Scout group
- 5 years as assistant coach in local soccer league
- Previously course developer and lecturer for Toronto Metropolitan University’s Nonprofit Organization Management Certificate program
- Developer and course instruction for over 10 years in business settings for risk management, accounting and audit
- Professional consultant, CPA and auditor, expert in risk management, governance and mitigating security, cyber, fraud and other risks
- Married to a Durham District School Board elementary school teacher
- Raised 4 children who had an excellent education at this board – all went from kindergarten through grade 12, one has subsequently entered the teaching profession as a high school STEM teacher in another public board…and now I’m learning to be a grandparent twice in less than 12 months!
- Why am I running?
- The pandemic negatively impacted almost all children, youth and educators. School boards have a critical need to close the learning and development gaps that have resulted. We must change the thinking and execution.
- I am running to make our children and youth safe in our school environments to ensure teachers and principals can provide the best possible education recognizing that each student is an individual with different dreams, aspirations and abilities
- Changes are required including:
- Supporting teachers and principals to confront and deal with bullying in its many forms
- Implementing provincially mandated risk management requirements including monitoring, reporting, and reducing harassment and sexploitation
- Providing tools and support to the educators in the schools to enhance safety
- Re-empowering trustees effectively to hold the school board accountable, while being financially responsible to you, the rate payer!
John's LiteratureView John's Literature
The number one priority is to ensure that our children and youth are safe to get the best public school education possible.
The role of a trustee is to be an essential part of the governance body of the school board. Trustees should ensure that everything is set up to make the safe education of the children the biggest priority. Trustees should oversee to ensure operations run properly and efficiently.
The teachers and staff in each school must have the resources they need to ensure that they have what they require to do their jobs safely and effectively.
The trustee is also responsible to the rate payer. There is not an endless supply of tax dollars, so the school board must be fiscally prudent.
All four of my children have had an excellent education at this school board. I am here to ensure that the next generation will continue to get excellent safe education.
My platform is designed to improve safety of all within the education system and improve governance and transparency for the community. Key aspects:
Properly addressing incidents across the school board that reflect safety concerns including bullying, harassment, sexploitation and on-line cyber security issues. Did you know:
The province mandates risk management processes to be in place across all ministries, however, nothing currently exists that is as transparent as pandemic reporting was, in fact no reporting exists
School boards don’t have any technology currently to report, prevent or detect on line abuse including cyber bullying and harassment
Improving governance and accountability, in order to address safety and education requirements, incidents, actions and reporting from the schools through the school board to the Ministry and vice versa
Ensuring staff and educators in each school have the training and tools to keep students safe, nor just relying on a one-time on line course mandated by the Ministry
Having clear accountabilities for schools, students and parents, with a zero tolerance policy for addressing safety related incidents
Implementing school board supplied technology to create effective security and to monitor and address on-line cyber threats
Ensuring the school board leads in implementing effective governance and risk management
Refer John Ingold
The most sincere form of support you can show for John Ingold is a referral to your friends and family who are of voting age. Please take a few moments to fill out the form below.